It's my belief that individual privacy is entirely NOT the same as
government classification (as secret, top secret, etc) of information.

Governments do NOT have a "right of privacy". Our government is supposed to
be "by, of, and for" the people. It's use of secrecy is appropriate (and
should be protected) when that secrecy serves to protect those people, not
when it serves to protect the individuals who do the classifying (or those
they serve) from embarrassment or legal prosecution.

Such uses are (and I'm pretty sure this is not just my opinion), illegal.

We all kind of "knew" that classification has been used this way. We all
hear or see or read anecdotes. Well, the Irag war papers proved it. As have
all the subsequent leaks.

I think that until the government and all its agents demonstrate that they
can use the tool of keeping secrets correctly, that they should not be
allowed to keep secrets.

Wikileaks  has done the American People a great service. Now I hope that
they (we) are smart enough, and outraged enough, to move to fix what's
broken. (IMHO, that's congress / campaign finance / influence peddling).

~~James
www.turtlezero.com