On 4 Feb 2011 at 14:33, Nicholas  Thompson wrote:

> I bet you somebody will post something in the next day claiming that humans
> have fewer genes because they have a larger brain "instead".

As the saying goes, what counts isn't the size of your
genome, it's how you use it.

To a first order approximation, if you (a species)
are making a living, you're using your genome just fine.

To second order, perhaps, how *long* (in years? generations?)
you've been makiung a living might come in.

But to first order, humans and Daphnia are tied (along
with a bunch of other stuff).