Sarbajit,
I believe that for the purposes of some types of learning, Nick would consider
that a form of "fiddling." Certainly I would. This is most obvious if you are
trying to find out what would happen if you sit under the boddhi tree by
yourself for a while. However, it is presumably an appropriate means of
experimentation for trying to answer a host of other questions.

Eric

On Mon, Jul  4, 2011 12:19 PM, Sarbajit Roy <sroy...@gmail.com> wrote:

>As opposed to the (a ?) fourth way of simply setting under a boddhi tree and
isolating yourself from the world ?

>Sarbajit
>

>>On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Nicholas  Thompson <<#>> wrote:
>>>

>Dear Peter,

>There are three ways to learn something:  read, fiddle with things, and talk
to somebody.  I think the best learning take place if one is doing all three at
the same time.

>Nick

Eric Charles

Professional Student and