Richard Harris wrote at 07/12/2011 02:07 PM:
> I just wish my eyes didn't glaze over and my mind go numb whenever
> I'm confronted with anything that smacks of philosophy.

That phrase is interesting: "smacks of philosophy".  My point with the
relativity principle and electrodynamics article was, in part, to
separate something so full of philosophy that it "smacks" ... like
molasses ... from something so philosophically impoverished that it
actually prevents reflection.

It seems like philosophy has a bit of a goldilocks problem ... to much
and it "smacks" ... too little and it may as well be assembly code ...
or something like legislative statutes.  Too far in either direction
numbs my mind.  But there's a reasonably thick band in the middle that's
interesting.