Hi, Owen,

I read between the lines because I have heard you say things like that
before.  Now perhaps only to jerk my chain.   But you have on more than one
occasion in my presence aired the view that philosophy is unlike math or
science because it has no final resting place, people can just keep arguing
forever.   I thought that this was an occasion where I might explain how
that could be true, and yet irrelevant to the value of philosophy, in the
same way that  lack of empirical content is irrelevant to the value of
mathematics.  I actually thought you might like that point, but nobody seems
to have caught it.  Blah.

But the truth is you did NOT say what I accused you of saying.  Do I need to
make a more through apology, or are we square.

Hot.  Mosquitoes.

Best,

Nick