Yup. Esperanto is rather well known in Brazil (which still means that
the number of Brazilian speakers of Esperanto is small). In fact,
every week (in 10 minutes in fact) I meet on video Skype with
Esperanto-speaking friends I came to know in the Raleigh area when I
was at NCSU (I now live in Santa Fe), and a Brazilian group plans to
join us. However, it's never been the case that Portuguese has had a
major impact on the evolution of Esperanto.

Bruce