Here's an interesting solution for a unified network in France.  All
services (voice, sms, tv, data) plus some new ideas (ID, banking):

 “In your pocket you have three things: your keys, your phone and your
wallet,” he says. “I think of those three only one will remain: your phone.”

http://gigaom.com/2012/01/09/how-frances-free-will-reinvent-mobile/