*From:*friam-boun...@redfish.com [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] *On Behalf Of *Steve Smith
*Sent:* Monday, September 17, 2012 7:27 PM
*To:* The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
*Subject:* Re: [FRIAM] just faith

Nick -

The point I was making was roughly that many if not most and most if not all of the folks interested in "telling you how it is" are categorically opposed to consuming alcohol and other such things. They may or may not have a good reason for this...

The key, at least for me, and I suspect for others, is that alcohol and similar substances have a way of lowering inhibitions which might translate roughly into "not taking oneself and one's beliefs so seriously", though I suppose all the bar fights I've been in suggest just the opposite, so what do I know?

Drinking definitely changes the quality of my emotional state which in turn seems to affect the quality of my thought. It is rare and unlikely that drinking increases the *acuity* of my thought which.

Consuming alcohol in a group environment (in my case, small groups) is also a social convention, it could as easily be say ... Coffee on a Friday morning or Tea on any given afternoon.

- Steve

    Steve,

    I am happy to drink, but not because it improves the quality of my
    thought.

    There is an idea lurking in this discourse about Whiskey, roughly

    */In vino veritas/*

    *//*

    Do you think that you think better, in some respects, when you are
    drinking?

    Nick