But then that implies a false positive: if in other configurations we don't
notice it as a puzzle, then we only (or are more likely to) notice the more
'puzzle-like' phenomena, and interpret that as meaning we are in a game.
But is a game the same as a simulation? Sure, games can have elements of
simulation (where I define simulation as recreating a system in perhaps
simpler terms) but I believe it exists as a separate conceptual entity.
Besides, it seems that all these discussions of whether we live in a real
universe or not get caught up in circularity because we generally define
reality *as* the universe.
-Arlo James Barnes