There would be some assumptions involved on why the sim was made.
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2824#comic

"Optimizing one's level" may be one of those strategies that didn't pan out so well. Kind of an artifact that seems to turn up occasionally, but doesn't get much processor time.