… Coming in at the tail of this (I have my mail program turned off most of the
day), but I have a few comments.

I'm still trying to get my head around the concept of a "Socratic" course
delivered through a remote, time-shifted medium. Is it virtual-Socratic?
meta-Socratic? voyeur-Socratic?

Several courses in the math PhD program at Stanford had students paid to take
official notes. It cost very little to Xerox these and save myself many hours.
Some lectures were pretty useless, but I went for the sake of the ego of the
lecturer. In a quarter course by Kunihiko Kodaira, I understood only two words;
"theolem" and "ploof". But he was a very nice, earnest man, as well as a Fields
Medal winner.

--Barry