What's missing is the matchmaking service to allow potential MOOC students
to find compatible fellow students for clustering together into collegia.
 Which could happen in inner city squats, as long as there is some kind of
coffee shop in the neighborhood.  More serious groups of students would
probably try to find a suitable tutor or two for their proposed course of
study, again a missing matchmaking service, or perhaps the tutors are
acting as the student matchmakers.  Existing campuses are free to compete
as matchmakers, squats, or tutors, but most of them gave up competing to
serve students a long time ago, choosing a different path through the woods
instead.

-- rec --