Dang, I missed the thermodynamic reference.

I think there's a parallel between Sam Harris being outraged that people
think he's a racist islamophobe (
http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/dear-fellow-liberal2/ ) and the woo
peddlers being outraged that TED doesn't think their ideas are worth
spreading.

I think it's a form of rhetorical dyslexia -- what one thinks one is
arguing is not the argument that others hear one making.

-- rec --