From: Friam [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf Of glen
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 6:12 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Fwd: [New post] The Loud and Clear Message that the TED
Controversy is Sending

Douglas Roberts wrote at 04/04/2013 04:45 PM:
>  I was using "evidence" in the scientific sense,

You say that as if everyone agrees on the scientific sense of the term,
which of course they don't.  Even reputable scientists disagree on what
constitutes evidence.  I know you're willing to insult anyone with whom you
disagree.  But the fact remains that standards of evidence differ depending
on the context of the discussion, the domain of inquiry, etc.

Evidence in, say, cosmology or evolution is very different from evidence in,
say, biology or physics.  And that's without leaping out into the softer
sciences.

--
=><= glen e. p. ropella
Looked pretty horny if I do say