Microsoft Office lost loyal users when it went to the ribbon UI.  That's the
start of the trend away from MS Office.  For non-email applications, OpenOffice
or LibreOffice provide the traditional UI to which people are accustomed,
they're free, and they work without an Internet connection.  As for email -
I've successfully lived in an Exchange environment for years using either Mac
Mail and iCal or Thunderbird plus plug-ins.  The latter solution had problems
(I've not checked if those problems have been solved) but the former is smooth
and works relatively correctly.  I am supplied Office 2011 for Mac but I rarely
use it and I don't miss it.

Ray Parks
Consilient Heuristician/IDART Program Manager
V: 505-844-4024  M: 505-238-9359  P: 505-951-6084
NIPR: rcpa...@sandia.gov<mailto:rcpa...@sandia.gov>
SIPR: rcpar...@sandia.doe.sgov.gov<mailto:rcpar...@sandia.doe.sgov.gov> (send
NIPR reminder)
JWICS: dopa...@doe.ic.gov<mailto:dopa...@doe.ic.gov> (send NIPR reminder)