I will admit that MS office is the best office software however Google docs
is good enough for me. It's not as full featured as Microsoft office but
it's free and always in sync across machines. My favorite feature
is collaborative editing.  A class mate and wrote a paper for school using
google docs and were able to write the whole thing simulataniously. I would
see him editing the top of a paragraph before I had finished writing the
bottom. We got the paper done fairly quickly. That experience lead us to a
great idea for a collaborative writing contest. Wouldn't it be fun to give
teams of say 6 people ten minutes to write a short story or essay on a
given subject. At the end of the ten minutes the stories would be judged.
I realize that most Friamer's could easily write a very long essay by
themselves in 10 minutes, so maybe some sort of handicap could be pused,
where avid friam writers would only have like 2 minutes.
Just an idea.

Cody

Cody Smith