On Haystacks:  There are two types of cracking that can occur to an
individual
1 - Targeted: The bad guy (NSA, a malicious cracker...) is after you
specifically.
2 - Non-Targeted: The bad guy casts a broad net, or inspects a big
haystack, for exposed individuals

If 1), your chances are really low of avoiding being hacked unless the bad
guy is novice.

2) is a double edged sword. Being concerned about encryption email routing
and storage has merit if the trolling is simply putting up a wall, saying
"move along, nothing here".  But it also puts up a sign saying "I have a
reason to hide"

My guess is that all of us using any sort of extra measures, such as
encryption, are definitely on the NSA books.

   -- Owen