On 9/25/13 2:06 PM, glen wrote:
This meta-measure usually arises without the imposition of a "master theory". The multiple discretized classifications, because they classify the process slightly differently, the meta-measure that arises will often 'smooth out' many (most?) of those discretizations into things like real number percentages.
I suspect a choice in practice is often between the people that like theories and the people that don't. Making theories is labor intensive so the folks that like theories tend get together and debate 'em, write papers, build tools, etc. The others press +1 on Facebook and act instinctively or imitate some alpha dog.
OK. But the difference underlying _that_ difference is that individuals/families don't usually write down the rules. I assert that the bases for individuals' closing/opening channels is not _rules_, it's perfectly situational.
Worriers are people that are modeling and in some sense making up rules -- playing out scenarios, thinking of contingencies, etc. "Rules" can be a shorthand for thought, rather than just carrying the connotation of influence and regulation from the outside.

Marcus