Ray -
A similar flock has been free-ranging the Albuquerque valley area near Broadway and Montano.
I don't think I ever make it down that way. I'm always heartened to see a little "wild" in the city.
Some friends of mine whose property is roamed got married some years ago and they had a wedding dinner featuring roast peacock. It's a little greasy, like duck, and tastes somewhere between duck and goose.
And free-range, if not (almost surely) organic to boot! I've always wondered what the rules about "harvesting" feral animals might be... especially in a city. Is that NM Fish&Game rules or Bernalillo country Animal Control purview? My Appalachy ancestors loved their squirrel and possum (not feral but verminish). I assume that the last generation's homeless (aka Hobos) fed off of anything they could catch (pigeons, rats, ???) with gusto while today I suspect most of us would starve to death while pigeons shat upon us and rats tugged at our leather shoes/belts while we slept.
When I first moved into Corrales, there were several flocks of guinea hens that migrated north-south twice-daily across the generally east-west properties. Those were the remnant of a flock released when a local farmer failed to make any money raising them.
We had 3 (remaining of 4 after an Owl snagged one) Geese and 8 chickens when we gave them up to move to Berkeley in 2005. I was amazed that both, raised from chicks/goslings were happy to remain within our property boundaries (how do they recognize a barbed wire fence as a boundary?) as a matter of course. Maybe they recognized the territory of our dog (who also for the most part respected the same boundaries) as being (mostly) coyote free? I suppose that Pea and Guinea fowl are probably much closer to "wild" and of course water birds are going to stay close/return to their water.
I would expect that there has not been sufficient time for real genetic variations to develop in any of these isolated communities.
If I'm right about the timeline of the Nambe Peacocks, it seems like an isolated and relatively small community of order 100 generations with no (or few?) introductions and no (or little) human intervention (except as patrons)?

- Steve