The best thing to do is run the software in a virtual machine, e.g. https://www.virtualbox.org/. Perhaps even run your web requests through a proxy server. http://www.publicproxyservers.com/ Depending on what you mean by "safe", this will help you isolate the thing until _you_ decide it's safe. And, of course, run it through some sort of checker, e.g.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/4ce00249c99238a33ca8f7a4a75d763e0035b23ab0ef043129bb6e0e5d0afec8/analysis/

preferably more than one:

http://app.webinspector.com/public/reports/22906975

To take it a few steps further, you can check for spammers:

http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3akeepvid.com&run=toolpage

See what OS they are (claim to be) running:

http://searchdns.netcraft.com/?host=keepvid.com&x=8&y=1

See how their website has evolved over time:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://keepvid.com

See bitcoin transactions:

https://blockchain.info/address/1NYQHzvg7DT4PDoTm7h6jy46gPKS3gNoZu

And then there's always page 10 of the Google search reslts, which gives us these sites:

http://blog.teesupport.com/easy-and-effective-guide-for-getting-rid-of-keepvid-com-quickly-manual-removal-guide/
http://www.cleanpcguide.com/remove-keepvid-com-removal-guide-how-to-remove-keepvid-com/