From: Friam [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf Of Marcus G.
Daniels
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2014 11:10 PM
To: 'The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group'
Subject: [FRIAM] [ SPAM ] RE: clinical diagnosis of [a]theism?

"Marcus' proposal is for _finding_ the correlates to come up with a
functional neuronal biomarker, which might include binding patters across
the entire cortex (eg eeg), which I'd prefer."

I thinking of complex or hypercomplex cells of the visual cortex -- that a
hierarchical combination of simple cells could combine to give a more
complex behavior like detecting oriented, moving shapes of a given size.
Similar to the way well-designed programs encapsulate implementation
complexity behind straightforward interfaces.

Using an EEG seems like trying to identify detailed calculations being
performed on a computer using the interference heard on a FM radio when it
is placed near it.

Marcus