From: Friam [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf Of Marcus G.
Daniels
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2014 7:06 AM
To: 'The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group'
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] [ SPAM ] RE: clinical diagnosis of [a]theism?

Nick wrote:

"Well, 30 or more tiny fm radios placed at strategic locations around the
mother board, might be more like it.  No?"

Like if a team of two or three aliens came to watch the Earth from orbit,
before there was broadcasting.  Relatively speaking, that's how many
individual things they'd have to understand if 1 person = 1 neuron (putting
aside that each person has 10,000 friends/synapses in this analogy) .    I'm
claiming it would be much more effective to take 30 people up in their
spaceship and study them in detail.  Perhaps from orbit they could make a
good guess at that, e.g. a president, a popular athlete, a celebrity,
several randomly selected people of different races, etc.

Marcus