On 01/08/2015 03:49 PM, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
Or that they are mentally ill and need `retraining'.  But that takes us
down the road of recognizing the danger latent in faith, which I don't
think the US is close to doing.

Exactly ... though it goes beyond just faith to any sort of psychological problem, I think. E.g. It's fine if you're deluded into believing, say, the "law of attraction" <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_attraction_%28New_Thought%29> as long as you don't do things like rely on it to heal your children or somesuch.

Beliefs don't kill people.  People kill people. ;-)

--
⇔ glen