Steve,

I was, actually.  It was a great conversation.  It began with one of my
favorite things which is taking seriously the fact that when physicists talk
about particle behavior they often have recourse to psychological concepts.
My position is that, far from being a facon de parler pour communiquer avec
des idiots, using psychological concepts in such a context is a precise way
of talking about electrons if one understands psychological concepts
properly.  We quickly metamorphosed into a discussion of the plusses and
minuses of multi-culturalism.  It was wonderful the range of personal
experience we were able to bring to bear on this subject  and the lack of
guardedness with which we were able to explore it given our diverse history.
Still, I wish you (and roger) had been there.

It was the BEST.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

Clark University