It was worse in Pittsburgh.  I owned some land down in Torrance County, NM from
1990 to 2000.  The deed specified that I owned half the mineral rights, as I
recall.  Pittsburgh has something called the “Pittsburgh Coal Seam”
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_coal_seam ) under it.  You can’t buy
the mineral rights for any price as I understand it.  You would own a lot of
coal if you could.  Apparently the coal under the City won’t be mined any time
soon, however.

Frank

Frank C. Wimberly

140 Calle Ojo Feliz