I find the executive actions (EPA, immigration, title 9, etc.) interesting.  If
we assume Trump is really just an empty shell trying to get elected by the most
convenient means, then an old argument about unelected bureaucrats running the
country becomes more relevant.  These entrenched employees high up enough to be
considered "executives", yet low enough to avoid the changing of the guard
after an election, should be able to wrangle Trump effectively ... ensure that
things continue to be done in somewhat traditional, stable, ways.  But if Trump
really does hold some core beliefs that he'd be willing to take action on, it
would be interesting to see how far he could get.  My cynical guess is he'd go
for the high-profile, easier to achieve, actions just so he can maintain and
advance "Trump" as a household name, allowing the real governing to be done by
the entrenched bureaucrats (or any competent people he may - accidentally -
bring with him).

--
⛧ glen