Glen,

You wrote:

There's no doubt that any form of inference done by humans is subject to
premature registration or even apophenia.  But the inverted claim, that _all_
registration is premature (or imaginary) is way too strong, and perhaps a case
of tu quoque.

Narcissist that I am, I assume you are punishing me for all the weird language
I have inflicted on the list over the last 12 years.   I humbly acknowledge the
punishment.

Now:  Could you explain what you meant? (};-)]

Thanks,

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

Clark University