Frank, et alia -

My opinion: scorn is a very powerful position; you can be scornful of God. People who feel powerless and left out find Trump appealing because they identify with the power implied by his scorn of the elite, the establishment, etc. Remember Spiro Agnew calling the educated "pointy headed intellectuals"?

In the meantime I'm very concerned with who's going to win the election.

I liked Michael Moore's observation:

   "Across the Midwest, across the Rustbelt, I understand why a lot of
   people are angry. And they see Donald Trump as their human Molotov
   cocktail that they get to go into the voting booth on Nov 8. and
   throw him into our political system,"

   "I think they love the idea of blowing up the system"

   “It will feel good—for a day. You know, maybe a week. Possibly a month.”

   “Because you used the ballot as an anger management tool and now
   you’re f**ked.”

He suggested that the pro-Brexit crowd in the UK had done the same thing... (re: anger management)

While I might be mildly concerned that Trump could win the election (I believe it would require voter apathy by at least 60% of us), I'm more concerned that *when* Hillary wins, she will take it as a mandate for her personal/dynastic agenda and her "team" will begin to ignore her "new friends" who she needed desperately to win over the human Molotov Cocktail.

The likes of Bernie, Jill, Amy, and Michael Moore will hopefully continue to hold her left foot to the fire while stomping on her gnarly right hawk-foot. Meanwhile, the likes of the Dalai Lama and Thich Nat Hahn will continue to provide some spiritual centering and grace to the whole scene. I'm guardedly hopeful in the shadow of the "worst of times" scenarios flying at me from both sides.

- Steve