There's also a deeper objection to this than Marcus makes, that of "data
driven" modeling.  I fight this battle all the time at biological modeling
conferences.  Most modelers *do* develop models based on ideas ... or, more
technically, abstract hypotheses about abstract things (e.g. lipophilicity).
Their "best practices" suggest they can do that and then, later on, fill in
those parameters/variables with numbers derived from actual measurements of
experiments.  So, their conceptual models are then *enlightened* or guided by
the real biology.  But the model's gist is still something very much like an
"idea".

Data driven modeling takes a different approach.  It _attempts_ to derive
models *directly* from the biology (as directly as possible, anyway), rather
than going through us (obviously fallible) human abstraction machines.  Machine
learning is an attempt at this.  Teh *-omics are attempts at this.  Etc.  And
while it's (currently) true that such modeling efforts remain, in general, less
efficient and effective at building useful models, they are making some
progress.  E.g.
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20180712/Study-suggests-database-analysis-better-predicts-toxicity-of-chemicals-than-animal-testing.aspx

So, no, it does NOT go without saying that one's ideas influence the
programming.  It's true pretty much everywhere, but it does "go without saying".

Add to that my dead horse: that all ideas are actually biology, anyway, and it
would be more accurate to say that a programmer's biology influences their
programming.  And that's obviously true to any programmer who's put off going
to the bathroom for just ONE MORE edit-compile-test iteration.

--
☣ uǝlƃ