From what I've experienced of fasting (more than 36 hours ... not just skipping
a meal now and then), I've gotten an energy *boost* from it.  I do crash harder
after I finally do eat, though.  Some of the pop-sci literature also suggests
we might enter something like a starvation state if we exhaust the glucogen
stores in the liver.  And if you exercise before eating, then you're supposedly
getting that glucose sugar from your liver.

Most of the actual science literature is still too far removed from day to day
living to be very meaningful, in my opinion.  Although I just noticed Marcus'
list and haven't followed those links, yet.

--
∄ uǝʃƃ