I don't think I believe in desensitization theory. But I do believe in practice
makes perfect ... aka indoctrination. When I was trying to eat fewer animals
before being diagnosed with lymphoma, I embarked on a long indoctrination to
eat beets every time it was offered on the menu of whatever restaurant I was
at. I still hate beets. But I can, now, converse coherently with those of us
weird enough to, for whatever bizarre reason, eat them.  Maybe one day I'll do
the same with kiwi fruit ... and maybe I'll host a beehive ... or start
collecting wasp nests.  heebeeheebeeheebee

--
☣ uǝlƃ