That is confused. What I asked for was evidence that having philosophical
conversations improves the science being produced by those having the
conversations. The *history* project of showing the evolution of philosophical
ideas into scientific ideas is straightforward. But that's not what needs to be
demonstrated.

A controlled experiment might be to take a standardized data set [†] from 2
labs, perhaps chemistry labs. One lab will be subjected to weekly "salons" and
the other one won't. Then after the intervention, both labs will be measured
again. If there's a significant difference in the measures, then the weekly
discussions had an impact. Of course, you might have to control for social team
building... so maybe there are 3 arms, one group holds salons, one group does
nothing, and one group plays poker. I don't know. But *that* was my
challenge... to demonstrate that conversations like yours and Dave's lead to
better science.

[†] Of course, which measures to choose is a hard problem. You'd have to define
"better science". But a standard one might be publication targets' impact
factor, ratio of rejections to acceptances, citations of the publications, etc.

--
☣ uǝlƃ