I presume it's this one:

Die geheimen Gene: Das Geheimnis der Kirche und die soziale DNA
https://books.google.com/books?id=lpqUDwAAQBAJ&newbks=0&printsec=frontcover&dq=inauthor:%22Jochen+Fromm%22&hl=en&source=newbks_fb

No copies seem to be available. I also assume propaganda plays a prominent role
in your explanation. I keep wondering why Trump's sycophants like Navarro keep
claiming the Spanish Flue happened in 1917 instead of 1918. E.g. in this clip:
https://youtu.be/nSx704KK_Ik

#5 and #6 from this list seem plausible to me:
https://theweek.com/articles/832990/6-theories-trumps-pointless-lies

When Trump hears Navarro say "1917", it's a signal of loyalty, even if everyone
knows it's the wrong year, that he uses that year, helps confirm his loyalty.
Knowing to use "1917" instead will help me code-switch if I find myself in a
conversation with these people. If you use "1918", they'll know you're
out-group. Hypothesis #6 is only plausible if you think Trump is an idiot. But
I buy the argument put forth here:

Tony Norman: Who are you going to believe — POTUS or an actual expert?
https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/tony-norman/2020/04/07/1917-Donald-Trump-truth-George-Orwell-Anthony-Fauci-Peter-Navarro-hydroxychloroquine/stories/202004070017

Maybe it's a perverse mix of the expression of power, loyalty, and getting the
audience used to fudging the details ... encouraging the cult members to impute
the nomothetic even though it fails to fit the idiographic.

--
☣ uǝlƃ

. ...
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6  bit.ly/virtualfriam