Glen,

You are correct, especially when I used all caps to shout my assertion. My only
excuse is that I was writing to a specific audience who I do not expect to take
me all that seriously.

Also, a bit of habit. When I stood in front of the classroom for the first time
and introduced myself to the class I would tell them, "Everything I say is
absolute gospel truth asserted by god!" Then I would smile and tell them that
most of them knew a lot more than me, but it was up to them to either challenge
me and have some great discussions where I would learn something, or be a mute
sheep. Being intentionally provocative worked very well, but I was teaching in
a software program where requirements for admission included 3+ years of
professional software development experience. Had some lively class
discussions, and I learned far more than I taught.

davew