I won't read whatever argument Scott Adams might have made about long
narratives, mostly because I doubt he has anything useful to say. But also
because I *do* prioritize my time. It's not that my time is valuable. It's that
if I didn't prioritize (and triage against people like Adams), I'd never be
able to get any work done.

Those that *complain* about TL;DR probably comprise a complicated set of
multi-faceted people, that won't be well-categorized by the "incurious,
impatient, entitled, part of the problem" predicate. That's OK. I'm willing to
allow the over-generalization. But it's those that do NOT complain, but simply
ignore TL;DR's are more interesting, I think.

One interesting tactic for avoiding constructing TL;DR's is familiar, here in
this forum, and consists of *citation*. E.g. one need not post a long
explanation of negative probability when there's already an excellent TL;DR
exposition out there. All one need do is post a pithy preamble and link to the
extant exposition. But the interesting people are not those that complain the
TL;DR exposition is difficult to slog through. The interesting people are those
who never say a word about it. Did they click the link at all? Did they read it
after seeing Feynman's name atop it? Did they get past the 1st couple of pages?
Etc.

It reminds me of this bit of hilarity: https://youtu.be/X-ZFoco_1gQ Where
Klepper goes round and round some of them "Read the transcript!" "Did you read
the transcript?" "No."

--
☣ uǝlƃ

. ...
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6  bit.ly/virtualfriam