Not Pieter, but ...

Some small percentage of _*Type II *_diabetes is not preventable/controllable
with diet and exercise.

Similarly, of the 42% of the US population that is obese (9.2% morbidly obese),
some small subset is not preventable/controllable with diet exercise. (My guess
is less that 20-25%).

I am pretty sure Pieter was not speaking in absolutes.

davew