Thanks, Steve. A reminder the movie event is this Thursday:
https://watch.eventive.org/aware/play/615f2c9cfb31210037ecade7

And although these may be overvalued, they and ones like them are finally
showing some progress:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CMPS?p=CMPS&.tsrc=fin-srch
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MNMD?p=MNMD&.tsrc=fin-srch

The argument surrounding plant awareness and expression is interesting. It
makes sense to me to argue that if plants are "sentient" in any operable sense,
their communication and self-sensing would occur at the molecular scale,
perhaps going outward a bit to tissue and inward a bit to coherence.
(Interesting, if a bit romantic, essay here:
https://quantumfrontiers.com/2021/11/07/entangled-fields-and-post-anthropocene-computation-quantum-perspectives-for-a-healthy-planet/)
 But my guess is most of the larger scale sounds plants generate are
non-sentient acoustic emission, like your motor clicking after you shut it off.
But who knows, vibration may be similar to "force-based" treatments like
physical therapy or massage ... or even acupressure. Just because acupuncture
seems like pure pseudoscience, other force-based therapy, including
vibration-based may have finer grained impact than we can currently account for
(e.g.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/physics-and-astronomy/ultrasonic-cavitation).
 Heliotropism is also a thing, I guess.

--
"Better to be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie."
☤>$ uǝlƃ

FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn UTC-6  bit.ly/virtualfriam