Also, that article and those senators suck... a fundamental
misunderstanding of the legal issues involved. Marijuana can only be
"decriminalized" by congress, and until that happens, HHS, DEA, and similar
agencies will reasonably assume it is their federal mandate to respond in
the way that they did in that article - because it is their federal
mandate.

Marijuana should have been decriminalized decades ago. At the latest, under
the "I didn't inhale" administration, but there is very little that Biden
can do.  Unfortunately, Marijuana was listed, by name, in the Controlled
Substance Act of 1970, and that act will need to be amended if you want to
remove it from the controlled substance list.

Eric P. Charles, Ph.D.
Senior Workforce Analyst
Human Capital Management Office
Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA)
American University - Adjunct Instructor
<echar...@american.edu>

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam