Without looking at an actual publication by Rosas et al, I can't be optimistic or pessimistic. But
I can object to Ball's examples of the 1st 2 types of closure: information and causal. The examples
he lists: predictability of laptop output and controllability of laptop output are obviously
flawed. The former is fairly easy to disprove. The typical aphorism is that all software contains
bugs (barring the infrequently used formal methods). We have this entire, I think dominant,
conceptual category of "bug" that should demonstrate a lack of that kind of
"informational closure" ... at least in the wild if not in the lab.

The objections for the latter are more persnickety. Again, in the lab where the unprofessional techie can get
away with saying things like "Well, it works for me" because there are detailed, documented
methods. And if "it doesn't work for you", then you're just doing it wrong. But in the wild,
"it works for me" is entirely inadequate. So, again, we have an entire conceptual category grown
from the lack of causal closure in laptop controllability.

Maybe, though, this is simply validation of Ball's suggestion that life (or
deeply interactive computation) is leaky ... maybe even very leaky such that
any mathematical definition of computational closure we compose, it's Platonic,
merely a useful fiction.