> > I mean, if I can build fricas in mingw with this
> > patch (sockaddr_un) successfully, then can this
> > patch be merged?  Aka which platform should
> > I test for breakage?
>
> What you mean by "this patch".  The patch I posted
> (adding unused field) should not break anything and
> should fix problem that you reported.

I consider "adding unused field" a hack and I
prefer sockaddr_un.

In ideal world we should test on all supported systems.
> Practically, sockaddr_un is pretty standard Unix things,
> so once we get if working on Linux (that is there is
> no crude errors) what remains is Windows.  As I wrote,
> WSL is not a problem, and if Mingw works I would
> assume that there are no extra problem with Cygwin.
> However, IIUC 32-bit Mingw has differences compared
> to 64-bit one, so we should test on both.

Ok, I'll try to test sockaddr_un on mingw32
and mingw64 then.

BTW, win10 recently supports AF_UNIX natively.
Still on mingw I guess it translates the code somehow.

P.S, on mingw we don't have graphics, so the
only purpose of sman is to provide line editing (clef)?