On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 09:43:48PM +0800, oldk1331 wrote:
> How about encoding PID with 0-9a-zA-Z or some
> other hash method?
>
> If you agree with this approach, I can get to implement it.

For Linux base-64 could work.  But if such things is supposed
to serve as Windows filename, then we are limited to
something like base-36.  6 digit base-36 number can express
all nonegative 32-bit ints, so for few years this will
do.

Looking in longer run, almost surely 32-bit PID will be
replaced by larger range, so the problem will be back...