Les détails du machin avec les jarretières de conditionnement de mode
assemblées à l'envers.

Depuis, fs.com a corrigé le problème. J'ai pas d'actions chez eux et ils sont
pas parfaits, mais au moins quand tu leur écrit ils s'en occupent.

Michel.

Hi Alice,

I completely agree with the schematic you sent earlier, this is how things
should be done indeed.

I suggest you grab randomly some out of your own stock for visual inspection.
ALL the mode conditioning cables we just reveiced were reversed, we ordered
some LC to ST and SC to LC in various lenghts.

I am having a very low yield on these mode conditioning patch cables so far.
Too early to draw conclusions as I am dealing with a old MM cable plant, but I
had three links to bring up last night and I can get only one to connect.
All of our 10G optics are Cisco branded and we have plenty of spares.

I would like to see some production data on what you do for core offset at the
SM / MM splice. Please note that we mostly use 10GBASE-LX4, which are CWDM
transceivers, and the core offset and fiber alignement are critical.

Here are some pics for you. I also attached them in case they don't display
correctly inside the HTML message.

pic1.jpg : LC to ST mode conditioning cable we just received.
The transmit and receive are reversed. Also note that the A and B sides are the
opposite of what the gray clip says (barely visible)
[cid:image019.jpg@01D297F8.E4418B30]

pic2.jpg : SC to ST mode conditioning cable we just received.
The transmit and receive are reversed. Also note that the A and B sides are the
opposite of what the gray clip says; visible better than on the LC one.
[cid:image020.jpg@01D297F8.E4418B30]

pic3.jpg :  how it should be done. These are Cisco 10G Xenpaks, note that the
TX side and the RX side are clearly labelled on both the switch and the optic.
These are your cables, AFTER I disassembled the grey clip and REVERSED the
equipment side.
[cid:image021.jpg@01D297F8.E4418B30]

pic4.jpg :  a view of the lower part. Note that it does not matter the type of
optics used : here we have a 10GBASE-LX4 optic and a 10GBASE-SR optic, the TX
and the RX are always on the same side.
[cid:image022.jpg@01D297F8.E4418B30]

pc5.jpg : without flash. The 10GBASE-SR TX side is visible because it's a 850nm
light (looks red to the eye).
The 10GBASE-LX4 TX side is not visible because it is a 1310nm light.
The 10GBASE-SR does not use mode conditioning patch cables, this pic is jut to
demonstrate further on which side the TX is.
[cid:image023.jpg@01D297F8.E4418B30]

pic6.jpg :
There are 1GBASE-SX GBICs. the TX side is now on the right because Cisco mounts
them upside down, but it is the same as above, because the keying tabs are now
on the bottom.
This is probably one of the most common wrong assumptions about which side the
TX is, because Cisco mounts half of them upside down. What counts is the side
relative to the keying tabs. There is no left or right.
[cid:image024.jpg@01D297F8.E4418B30]

pic7.jpg : general view of a switch with SFPs with LC connectors with the clip
on top.
[cid:image025.jpg@01D297F8.E4418B30]

pic8.jpg : no flash.
As mentioned earlier,on a LC connector, if the clip is on the top, the TX side
is on the left.
[cid:image026.jpg@01D297F8.E4418B30]

Thanks,

Hi Michel,

I’m shocked with the situation. We’ll do best to solve it, please be rest
assured of it.
I have double checked with our production department, and they ensure that the
single mode part is connected with the TX,
 and the multi mode part is connected with the RX of our mode conditioning
patch cables.

First of all, would you help to check if you connected the cables in the right
way?
How to Install the Mode Conditioning Cable
If your gigabit LX switch is equipped with SC or LC connectors, please be sure
to connect the yellow leg (Singlemode) of the cable to the transmit side,
and the orange leg (multimode) to the receive side of the equipment. It is
imperative that this configuration be maintained on both ends.
The swap of transmit and receive can only be done at the cable plant side.
 [cid:image027.jpg@01D297F8.E4418B30]
If you have connected these cables right, could you offer me more information
about the situation?
Such as the transceivers type you connected with? A picture will be better. ^^

Your confirmation will be much helpful.
We need to confirm the reason of the situation, thus we could arrange the new
ones with the right cable for you.^^
Hope you could understand.

Best Regards,

Alice,

FYI, ALL the mode conditioning patch cables arrived backwards. The single mode
part is on the receiving fiber, where it should be on the transmitting fiber.

LC connector with  the clip on the top : the TX is on the left (yellow fiber
blue jacket).
SC connector with the notches on the top : TX is on the left (yellow fiber blue
jacket).

All of your cables are backwards. It is rather annoying to have to swap all of
them.

Michel.