fran^don wrote, in a small part:

> There is a growing chorus of people suggesting we need change, such as
> Theobald, Raven, Moore, McMurtry, Rifkin, etc. who all tell of why the
> existing must go.
>
> I'm suggesting it's time we create a story of HOW success could emerge out
> of a dark time in human history.  If we cannot imagine how and then express
> it, then, who can?  And if it's unimaginable, then we may as well give up
> and continue bowling or golfing until the energy runs out.
In fact, there are a host of others who also have postive visions. there
is Julian Simon and his associates. and there are even those such as
Rothenberg who have abandoned the deep ecology arena in favor of and
evolving world where man's mind and its creations are part of the
evolution.

Vaclav Havel is quated as saying:

Fear of History... is not only fear of the future but also fear of the
past.  he who fears what is to come usually also fears facing what has
already been.  and he who fears facing his own past must mecessarily
fear what lies before him.

and therein lies the problem.

thoughts?

tom abeles