Lawrence de Bivort wrote:

> Burkas predated the taliban and, as was pointed out, now post-date them.
>
> Brad, have you EVER talked with a Muslim woman who wears the burka, or other
> veiled or covered Muslim women?

No. I am not now nor have I ever been....

--

I have studied female genital mutilation in Africa and the
mid-East since about 1980, including volunteering last year to

I myself am a victim of the lesser but
nonetheless barbaric practice in "our society"
of male genital mutilation AKA circumcision.

And while I was not forced to wear a Burqa, I was threatened
with parental disownment if I did not get a haircut.

    Only those who died and risen again have the right to speak.
                  (--Hermann bROCH, _tHE sLEEPWALKERS_, p.531)

    Don't compare! All suffering is intolerable.
                  (--Elie Wiesel)

\brad mccormick