Keith,

I think that hope for a more stable Middle East with changes in
governments is not realistic. In general, when governments change, the
change is brought about by the most far out. I would guess that we need
to be ready for a couple of decades of chaos to make up for our policies
of supporting monarchies.

Bill Ward

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:45:43 +0100 Keith Hudson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:

> So I think that the next important news will be of big changes
> within the
> Saudi Arabian government. They changed their constitution radically
> (in the
> favour of the fundamentalists) immediately after Gulf War I. I don't
> see
> why they can't modify their constitution again in order to prevent
> what
> they imagine to be a potential Gulf War II. If these changes don't
> happen
> within the next week or so, then I cannot imagine that Bush will
> change his
> present policy. I'm not expecting Bush to say anything significant
> for a
> little while. He's waiting for news from Riyadh, just as I am.
>
> Keith Hudson

---

> Keith Hudson, General Editor, Handlo Music, http://www.handlo.com
> 6 Upper Camden Place, Bath BA1 5HX, England
> Tel: +44 1225 312622;  Fax: +44 1225 447727;
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.