Hi, Keith,
I assume we are focusing on political or social idealists, rather than, say,
inventors or engineers?  It seems that finding 'successul' non-harmful
idealists in those areas is quite easy, and that the cvhallenge is to find
their equivalents in the worlds of politics or sociology.

Agreed?

Cheers,
Lawry