[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[snip]
MYERS: Paul Krugman is a professor of economics at Princeton University and
a columnist for the New York Times.
[snip]

Someone else on this list recently speculated that Krugman is not
an economist.

A full professor of mathematics at Rutgers once told
me that Edmund Husserl -- who had his doctorate in
mathematics from one of *the* mathematical luminaries
of the 19th century (I forget which one...), was *not*
a mathematician --> but that Ted Kaszynski was a
mathematician.  Why?  Because apparently T.K. had
published contributions in mathematical journals,
whereas Husserl did not(?).

Krugman is in my opinion no Husserl.

But I think the comparison is still instructive.

\brad mccormick

--
  Let your light so shine before men,
              that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

<![%THINK;[SGML+APL]]> Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Visit my website ==> http://www.users.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/