Harry,

There's no future in nuclear power. It requires too much for and aft
subsidies from government.

If it were so efficient (and dependable) then governments and private
enterprise would be piling into it. The following is the general situation
at the moment:

• No new reactor has been built in the US since 1973
• No new reactor has been built in the Germany since 1987 and the industry
is now due to be wound down
• Sweden, Switzerland and Canada are winding down
• New reactors are now seriously doubtful in Russia, Japan, India, Brazil,
France, UK and Belgium

It *might* take off again in 20 or so years' time if and when developed
countries can't cope with very high fossil fuel costs (e.g. from tar sands
or deep-mined coal) or haven't yet developed new energy technologies
(solar-based), but it's doubtful. Because the existing reactors will then
be in mothballs and the true maintenance costs of wastes will be mounting,
then a more objective appraisal of nuclear power will be possible. But, so
far, the costs of the whole business are obscured by too much special
pleading and, often quite false figures.

Keith