Chris,

You are right.

We should stop all contact between people and peoples, for they spread diseases.

Maybe we shouldn't even leave the house.

This is the idea that was espoused by the ultra-right wing in the US - Fortress America.

You are in good company.

Christoph wrote:

Ed Weick wrote:
> Keith and Chris, the prospect is truly frightening. I've spent some time in
> a huge, densely crowded slum in Sao Paulo and visited slums in other second
> and third world cities. If the kind of disease Keith poses began to spread,
> there is absolutely no way it could be stopped or confined. The
> infrastructure simply isn't there.

Worse, the same global "free" trade that helps the spread of such diseases
also helps the spread of slums in the first place. More incentive to
oppose it...

Wonder if at least the British royals in their newly-built high-security
rooms will be spared...?

Chris

Harry Pollard
Henry George School of LA