Ray, old chum,

As I said, I never eat at McDonalds, so I can't confirm your opinion of their produce.

Also, I rarely drink coffee, but when I do I sip it. I don't rush it to the mouth. The same with tea - a much better drink. I even warm the cup to ensure I get it hot. But, then I sip it while I do other things and thoroughly enjoy it.

You New Yorkers rush too much.

Drink Milk! As the TV ads are wont to say.

Ray wrote:

Harry,

No matter where you put that coffee it was always dangerous.   I stopped for
breakfast sometime ago at McDonalds and the muffins were cardboard, the meat
tasteless and the coffee was a killer.   Not because of the taste but
because they kept it so hot that I could only drink it long after I had
eaten the food.    But my stomach eventually told me that the whole thing
was bad for me.   The reflux began to burn the throat that I depend on for a
living.    Since I stopped eating that junk my reflux disappeared.    But
hope springs eternal.   Occasionally I desire the salt in the french fries
and it starts all over again.   They don't change the grease in the deep
fryer and cooking seafood that I'm allergic to can cause all kinds of
problems.    "Economy of Scale" for a "one of a kind" body.    As I get to
the age where it is supposed to wear out for the sake of the economy and
otherwise I grow much less tolerant of what you folks on the West Coast
accept casually.   It must be your slower life style.    I eat to live not
live to eat.    Where we are the stress is high and the speed fast.   You
put garbage in and you get garbage out.    Life is hard enough.

REH

----- Original Message ----- From: "Harry Pollard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Ray Evans Harrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Brad McCormick, Ed.D." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 3:28 AM Subject: Re: [Futurework] The free market in action? ~ A McGedankenexperiment

> Ray, > > The little old lady wasn't so little, nor was she so old. > > What she showed herself to be is an idiot. > > Coffee is hot. It's supposed to be. She took the cup to her car and held it > between her legs while she was driving. > > That's worse than speaking in a cell phone while driving. > > Harry

**************************************************** Harry Pollard Henry George School of Social Science of Los Angeles Box 655 Tujunga CA 91042 Tel: (818) 352-4141 -- Fax: (818) 353-2242 http://home.attbi.com/~haledward ****************************************************

---